Monday, August 4, 2008

'Rakhi' Event - August 2008

Thought about a different event for this month, but suddenly I remembered, its Raksha bandan on August 16th.

Raksha Bandhan (the bond of protection in Hindi) is an Indian, Hindu festival, which celebrates the relationship between brothers and sisters. It is celebrated on the full moon of the month of Shraavana (It is a month of the Hindu calendar, also known as Sawan).

The festival is marked by tying of a 'rakhi' or holy thread by a sister on the wrist of her brother. The brother in return offers a gift to his sister and vows to look after her. The brother and sister traditionally feed each other sweets. It is not necessary that the rakhi can be given only to a brother by birth; any male can be "adopted" as a brother by tying a rakhi to the person.

For more information,
click here

So why not have a "Rakhi event" ....... ? :-)





So....... Open your creative minds and make beautiful rakhis and send to the event :)

Rules are very simple:

1) Make "Rakhis", take pictures, publish in your blog with a link to this event and add the LOGO.

2) Email me at illatharasi at gmail dot com or comment in my blog, when you are done. I will pick up the picture from your blog.

3) Deadline : August 30, 2008

4) Those who dont have a blog, email your picture to illatharasi at gmail dot com.

Note:
I just found this site to make rakhi's.


All the best!!!
Happy Raksha Bandhan!!!

17 comments:

notyet100 said...

HI VANI,,,THIS TIME I GONNA BE BACK SOON WITH MY CREATIONS..NICE EVENT...

Cooking Station said...

interesting event ;) ..missed the last flower one! will try to make something for this..

Unknown said...

good one..lemme try!!

Unknown said...

hey vani can i do this from my food blog hmm i allready miss your one great event so idon't to miss this one

notyet100 said...

JUST PUBLISHED FOR THE ENT DOLET ME KNW,..KAISE BANE HAI..CEEU AROUND,..HPPY HOSTIN

EC said...

I am in for this theme as well

Anisheetu said...

Good theme... I m in for it... missed the last but this wont...

Jaishree Iyer said...

Good theme...I am in for this theme..

Purva Desai said...

hey one entry from my end as well......:)

I ve a Rocking Surprise for u...check out

Anisheetu said...

Hi sent u a mail for my entry to the event. URL http://kraftyworld.blogspot.com/2008/08/rakhi.html

Jaishree Iyer said...

Hi,sent u a mail for my entry to the event.
http://myviews-creativeart.blogspot.com/2008/08/rakhi.html

Illatharasi said...

Friends, waiting for your entries:)
Thanks SHeetal, I got yours:)

stitches and folds said...

my entry for this event is ready... have sent u the mail.http://zinobia-thecreative.blogspot.com/2008/08/rakhi.html

anupriya said...

very nice event!and ur rakhis are very preety .my entry http://creationsss.blogspot.com/2008/08/rakhi-event-august-2008.html

Smruti said...

Hey Vani, thanks for putting up this event. Please view my entry at http://wrapnbow.blogspot.com/ Thanks.

- Smruti

notyet100 said...

will mail u soon,..:-)

notyet100 said...

will mail u soon,..:-)